CONTAGIOUS CAPRINE PLEUROPNEUMONIA (CCPP) VACCINE
– It is an inactivated bacterial vaccine produced using F – 38 Kenyan strain of Mycoplasma capricolum subspecies capripneumonia (MCCP).
– Well grown Mycoplasma culture is inactivated by formalin and (0.3%) saponin which has also an adjuvant effect.
– The minimum protein content in each field dose is 0.15 mg/ml.
– The vaccine is available in 100 ml vial for 100 doses.
– The vaccine should be stored at +4 ºC
– Shake the vaccine before use.
– Vaccinate 1 ml/goat subcutaneously (thoracic wall area is advisable)
POST – VACCINATION REACTION
A slight oedematous reaction is induced by saponin which normally disappears with in 48 hours.
– CCPP vaccine confers immunity for 1year.
– Revaccination is advisable after 1year.
Vaccinate only apparently healthy animals.
WARNING – FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY