FOWL TYPHOID VACCINE
– It is a live, freeze – dried vaccine against Fowl Typhoid in chickens. Each vial contains 5 x 107 CFU of Salmonella gallinarum strain.
The vaccine available in 5ml or 20ml vials of 100 doses
– The vaccine should be at – 20 oC for several years.
– First vaccination should be given at 6 weeks of age followed by a booster at 12 weeks of age.
– Birds should not be vaccinated within 14 days of the start of laying period.
RECONSTITUTION AND DILUTION
In 20 ml of cool sterile distilled or saline water
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
– 0.2 ml of the reconstituted vaccine by subcutaneous injection into the lower part of the back
of the neck.
Appears in about 10 days. Duration of the immunity after two injections is for 6 – 8 months.
Vaccinate only apparently healthy chicken
WARNING – FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.