AFRICAN HORSE SICKNESS (AHS) VACCINE
– Monovalent/multivalent vaccine containing serotype 2, 4, 9 cultured on VERO cells
– The vaccine is available in vial of 50 doses.
Vaccine should be stored at a temperature of -20 ºC
RECONSTITUTION AND DILUTION OF VACCINE
In 50 ml of cool and sterile saline water.
DOSAGE AND ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
– 1 ml of diluted vaccine injected subcutaneously is recommended for horses, donkeys or mules regardless of size or age.
– Foals born from immunized mares must not be vaccinated before six months.
POST VACCINAL REACTION
– Generally benign hyperthermia can occur at 48 hours, or between the seventh and fourteenth day after vaccination.
– The animals should be able to rest during the fifteen days after vaccination.
Develops two weeks after vaccination and may last for one year.
Vaccinate only apparently healthy animals.
WARNING – FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY