INFECTIOUS BURSAL DISEASE /GUMBORO/ VACCINE
– This vaccine contains infectious bursal disease (IBD) virus intermediate standard strain. The
virus is produced in chick embryo cell culture derived from specific pathogen free (SPF) eggs,
harnessed and freeze dried with suitable stabilizer. It contains Intermediate Standard live virus
strain and presented in freeze dried form.
Each 5 or 20ml vial contains 100 to 400 doses of freeze dried vaccine.
Store vaccine in a refrigerator at +20 C up to +80C.
– Each dose of vaccine contains live freeze dried IBD (Intermediate Standard Strain) virus of 10 3EID 50.
Store the diluent in the refrigerator overnight to chill before use. Reconstitution of vaccine is carried out by drawing small quantity of diluent in the sterile syringe and then transferring this diluent in a freeze dried vaccine vial. Allow the pellet to dissolve completely with diluent, gently shake the vaccine vial, and then transfer it to the diluent bottle. Rinse the vaccine vial twice
with the diluent a similar manner. Reconstituted vaccine should be stored on ice and used
completely within one hour. Follow aseptic techniques during reconstitution.
EYE DROP METHOD: Eye drop method should be used for primary vaccination. Use
reconstituted vaccine immediately.
METHOD: Held the chick with one eye turned up. Take the vaccine product in sterile syringe,
using blunt needle of 15 gauges or calibrated dropper instill one drop into the eye per chick.
Ensure that the vaccine drop is completely absorbed in the eye.
DRINKING WATER METHOD:
For drinking water method, before giving the vaccine, withhold the birds from drinking water
for at least two hours to allow birds to get thirsty. However, variation in this can be done
depending on the season.
* The waterier should be thoroughly cleaned before use.
* Do not use any disinfectant or chlorinated water. Vaccination should always be conducted
during cool Hours.
* Use clean and cool water. Small ice blocks may be added in water to make it cool.
* Mix reconstituted in drinking water according to following schedule:
|Age of birds||Liters of water to be used|
|5000 doses||2000 doses||1000 doses||500 doses||200 doses||100 doses|
|14-18 days||30-40 liters||15-20 liters||8-10 liters||4-5 liters||2-3 liters||1 liters|
|21-28 days||50-60 liters||25-30 liters||10-12 liters||5-6 liters||3-4 liters||2 liters|
|35-40 days||80-90 liters||40-45 liters||15-20 liters||8-10 liters||5-6 liters||3 liters|
– This vaccine is not recommended for those birds which are clinically sick or under conditions
of severe stress .
RECOMMENDED SCHEDULE OF VACCINE FOR EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF IBD:
– Chicken with low level of maternal antibodies:
at 1 – 2 weeks of age and second vaccination at 3 – 4 weeks of age.
– Chicken with high level of maternal antibodies:
at 3 – 4 weeks of age and second vaccination at 8 – 12 weeks of age.
WARNING – FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.